Thomasnet vs. Xometry - The Fight for the Industrial Buyer ↗

Aluminum 1100

Aluminum 1100 is soft, low strength and, at 99% aluminum composition, is among the purest aluminum alloys. Copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, silicon, titanium, vanadium and zinc comprise the remaining 1%. It cannot be hardened by heat treatment but is very wieldable and formable. Read More...

Aluminum 1100 Aluminum 1100 is soft, low strength and, at 99% aluminum composition, is among the purest aluminum alloys. Copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, silicon, titanium, vanadium and zinc comprise the remaining 1%. It cannot be hardened by heat treatment but is very wieldable and formable.

Leading Manufacturers

Long Island City, NY  |  800-767-9494

Metalmen has the largest inventory of Al 1100 plate and bar in North America. We can serve our customers with other Al alloys in foils , sheet, rod, channel, angle, tube and pipe.

Request for Quote

Metalmen Sales Inc. $$$

Cheshire, CT  |  203-272-2918

Erickson Metals Corporation, a fully-registered ISO:9001:2008 company, supplies a complete line of quality aluminum products available in coil, sheet, plate, rod, bar, tube, extruded shapes, and now, aluminum circles.

Request for Quote

Erickson Metals Corporation $$$
placeholder image

Aluminum 1100 List

Aluminum is particularly sensitive to heat, and it can be difficult to predict the behavior of heated aluminum. For these and other reasons, aluminum alloys, 1100 in particular, are often cold worked. Aluminum 1100 can be shaped into many different products, including aluminum plates, chemical equipment, railroad tank cars, fin stock, dials, name plates, cooking utensils, rivets, reflectors and sheet metal. The plumbing and lighting industries also use aluminum 1100, as do a wide variety of other industries.

Cold working is the most common way to form aluminum 1100. A cold metalworking process is any metal shaping or forming process that takes place at or near room temperature. Cold working is distinct from hot working, which involves the use of heat to reduce a metal’s resistance to physical deformation. A drawback to hot working processes is that sufficiently heating a metal can make it susceptible to corrosion. Also, heat can change the physical properties of a metal in undesirable ways.

Aluminum is particularly sensitive to heat, and it can be difficult to predict the behavior of heated aluminum. For these and other reasons, aluminum alloys, 1100 in particular, are often cold worked. Aluminum 1100 can be shaped into many different products, including aluminum plates, chemical equipment, railroad tank cars, fin stock, dials, name plates, cooking utensils, rivets, reflectors and sheet metal. The plumbing and lighting industries also use aluminum 1100, as do a wide variety of other industries.

Aluminum Rolls and Tubes
Aluminum 1100 – Metalmen

Aluminum 1100 is among the softest aluminum alloys and therefore is not used for high-strength or high-pressure applications. Though it is usually cold worked, pure aluminum can be hot worked as well, and in such cases it is forged anywhere from 700°F to 950°F. More frequently, though, aluminum is shaped by spinning, stamping and drawing processes, none of which require the use of high heat. These processes produce aluminum shapes in the form of foil, plates, round bars, sheets, strips, wire and many other shapes.

Aluminum 1100 can also be welded; resistance welding is possible, but it can be difficult and usually requires the attention of skilled welders. Aluminum 1100 is just one of many common aluminum alloys. Aluminum 7075 is one of the strongest alloys and is used in architectural applications as well as in the construction of industrial process equipment and heavy machinery. 6061 aluminum is a general purpose alloy that is valued for its versatility.

Aluminum 1100 Informational Video

 

Aluminum Power Pages

Aluminum Tubing & Piping

Aluminum Tubing & Piping

Aluminum piping and tubing is silvery-white, soft, and ductile. The metal belongs to the boron group. Aluminum is the third most abundant element present on earth. Aluminum has low density. When exposed...

Aluminum Coil

Aluminum Coil

The term "aluminum coil" describes aluminum that has been flattened into sheets where their width is significantly higher than their thickness and then "coiled" into a roll. Stacks of individual aluminum sheets are difficult to...

Types of Aluminum

Types of Aluminum

Aluminum is the most abundant metal on the Earth’s crust, but it rarely exists as an elemental form. Aluminum and its alloys are valued because of their low density and high strength-to-weight ratio, durability, and corrosion resistance...

Aluminum Channels

Aluminum Channels

An aluminum channel is a structurally sound metal component that is made by the extrusion process to produce shapes, forms, and designs for a wide variety of applications. The major benefit of aluminum channels is their weight, which is...

Extruded Aluminium

Extruded Aluminium

Extruded aluminum is a continuous piece of aluminum that usually has a constant profile or cross-section throughout its length. It is made by forcing a block of aluminum, called a billet, through a die opening which is smaller than the original cross-sectional area of the billet...

Aluminum Trim

Aluminum Trim

Aluminum trim is an aluminum product that is produced by extrusion to create long, narrow, pliable, and adaptive pieces of aluminum that can be used for architectural decorative applications and accents, indoor and outdoor lighting, and engineering design...

Metal Suppliers

Featured Industries